“To promote international cooperation and friendship through the study of the English language.”
Founded in 1992, Chaucer College is a British Council accredited language school with over 26 years’ experience in teaching English as a foreign language. Our purpose built study centre is located in the world renowned city of Canterbury, Kent – ‘The Garden of England’.
We offer a range of courses for both groups and individuals throughout the year, from General English (both part-time and intensive) through to exam preparation and course specific modules. Our popular Junior Summer Camp offers a comprehensive course alongside a packed schedule of activities.
Student welfare & support
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students and take our responsibilities very seriously.
- All Chaucer College staff have oversight of the safeguarding of our students
- On duty porter, 24 hours a day, every day of the year. We also have 24 hour monitored security camera surveillance
- All staff & host families are enhanced police checked to ensure students safety & wellbeing at all times
- Resident house parents are on hand overnight to assist any students & group leaders staying in our residential accommodation
- Students are accompanied by college staff & group leaders on all excursions & during activities by a ratio of 1 to 15 students
- Emergency phone numbers are provided to all students, group leaders & parents prior to arrival & are available to be contacted on 24 hours a day
Important Information for students
For more information on travelling to and staying in England, please read the following articles:
Chaucer College Policies & Procedures:
OUR MANAGEMENT TEAM
Dr Mitsu Horri
Dean of students
Director of High-School Courses
Director of International Courses
Director of University Programmes